A manufacturer of plastic injection molded plastic closures is searching for Operators to work a 12-hour shift either days or nights.
The key responsibilities for the Operators are:
• Ensuring that all work undertaken or supervised is carried out safely and without injury
• Ensuring that all food safety issues are reported to the appropriate manager or supervisor
• Initiating corrective action, such as, issuing work orders for non-conformance’s related to injection and vision system processes.
• Operating: injection molding machines, vision systems, down-stream equipment, and material feed equipment
• Monitoring critical process parameters on the injection machines, vision systems, color feeders, color blenders and secondary systems
• Establishing optimum calculated alarm parameters around the baseline process
• Packaging and tagging product
• Troubleshooting of process and auxiliary equipment
• Auditing box counts and vision system to verify that the equipment is working correctly.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate computer skills
• Molding knowledge related to troubleshooting and resin behavior
• Good math and mechanical skills
• Working knowledge of basic hydraulic/electric/pneumatic/vision systems
• Ability to lift 35 pounds unassisted and work standing for 12 hours
• Effective time management skills
• At least 2 years of experience with processing injection mold machines and secondary equipment
• Experience operating Husky and/or Netstal molding presses preferred
• Formal plastic process training such as scientific molding, Paulson or equivalent preferred
• ISO or similar quality system and SQF or similar food safety system
High School Diploma or Equivalent
In addition to an hourly rate of $24 to $25 per hour, the company offers competitive healthcare benefits, a 401(k) and a $500 sign on bonus.