A company that manufactures injection and compression molded caps and closures is searching for a Plant Maintenance Manager to lead the Plant Maintenance Department. The Plant Maintenance Manager reports to the Plant Manager.
Plant Maintenance Manager Responsibilities
- Managing injection molding equipment maintenance, and mold tooling technicians.
- Directing all Maintenance Personnel actions including; final selection of new hires, training, technical development, and performance.
- Preparing the annual maintenance budget.
- Ensuring that all maintenance/tooling work undertaken is carried out safely and without injury.
- Initiating corrective action for non-conformances related to equipment and plant utilities.
- Managing, optimizing, and maintaining machine, downstream equipment, and plant utilities to peak production levels to include
- Defining and maintaining an effective inventory of spare parts.
- Providing safety analysis of new & modified equipment/systems.
- Overseeing the input of new equipment into the Preventive Maintenance Program (PM).
- Assisting in the design/sourcing of equipment and methods of manufacturing to meet customer and plant needs.
- Developing and maintaining a P.M. program for all production equipment, plant utilities and injection tools.
- Provides safety analysis information.
- Advising and supporting plant staff on mechanical, electrical, process and customer problems.
Plant Maintenance Manager Position Requirements
- Ability to manage Maintenance Department supporting a fast-paced injection operation.
- Minimum of 5 years in a plant manufacturing maintenance or related technical position.
- A minimum of 2 years of injection molding experience.
- High School Diploma required.
- Technical Degree preferred but not required.
- Planning and organizing maintenance activities with an attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Electric/ Electronic/ Pneumatics/ Hydraulic/ Plant Utility Systems.
- Strong Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Working knowledge of a software-based maintenance management system.
- ISO or similar quality system and SQF or similar food safety system preferred
In addition to an annual salary in the $110,000 to $130,000 range, the company offers competitive healthcare benefits, bonus potential and relocation assistance.