A captive manufacturer of plastic injection molded parts is searching for an Injection Molding Process Engineer.
The Injection Molding Process Engineer:
- Develops, configures and optimizes processes from inception through to start up and certification.
- Designs, runs, tests and upgrades molding systems and processes.
- Assesses processes, takes measurements, and interprets data.
- Develops best practices, routine, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
- Performs process simulations.
- Performs risk assessments and clearly articulate issues or opportunities to upper management.
- Holds meetings with technical staff to brief on currently state of processing (I.E. Tools, Machines, Test run results, etc.).
- Provides process documentation and operating instructions to reduce product variations.
- Participates in new mold procurement as a process advocate.
- Helps close loop between new or troubled molds and final release to Manufacturing.
Education and Experience Requirements
- A four or two year technical degree related to plastic injection molding.
- Robot programming ability.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as; discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications; Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Web-Based Software.
In addition to an annual salary in the $80,000 to $95,000 range, the company offers competitive benefits, a 401(k) and relocation assistance.