A plastic injection molding company, specializing in tight tolerance connectors for the fiber optic cable industry, is seeking an experienced Injection Mold Project Leader to provide; plastic mold tooling design for manufacturability expertise, determine which molding machine to use with the mold to provide the best product processing, and, through strong customer interfacing skills, ensure manufacturing and customer relations remain a smooth and an efficient process.
Injection Mold Project Leader Responsibilities:
- Skilled in complex plastic injection molding operations and able to comprehend the multifaceted nature of plastic injection molding manufacturing.
- Abie to help with the design of plastic molds and modeling to support customers with the development of their products using 3-D Cad Software.
- Obtain testing sample and first article product approvals from customers.
- Work with customers and in-house tool designers to determine and develop mold corrections as required.
- Prioritize test run requests by customers by working with Process Engineers and production.
- Develop end-of-arm robotic tooling requirements to optimize production needs.
- Ability to improve plastic injection molding operations and tooling development in the Covid-19 pandemic era.
Injection Mold Project Leader Requirements:
- A four year engineering degree coupled with experience along with 3-D Cad design experience is required
- Scientific Injection Molding and or/RJG Master training would be a plus
- At least 3 years experience in a plastic molding operation is required.
In addition to an annual salary in the $80,000 to $100,000 range, the company offers competitive health care benefits and relocation assistance.