A large stable plastics injection molding manufacturing company is searching for four Process Technicians (2 working 12 hour days and 2 working 12 hour nights) to establish plastic injection molding processes, develop them, train operators and process technicians and monitoring them with data, find opportunities for improvements, and be able to:
- Operate and set-up: injection molding machines, vision systems, down-stream equipment, and material feed equipment
- Assist with the start-up of new equipment by developing process parameters.
- Develop Operator training plans and train Operators and Process Technicians.
- Monitor critical process parameters on the injection machines and secondary systems
- Establish optimum calculated alarm parameters around the baseline process
- Conduct process related training for operators
- Work with outside suppliers, machine manufacturers, and company management
- Execute sample requests issued and process related activities focused on identifying root cause
- Participate in mold and product design/drawing reviews when required
- Lead role in implementing process improvements that result in cost savings and improved quality
The Process technicians will work a 12 hour day or night shift position (2 days on, followed by 3 days off, followed by 3 days on, followed by 2 days off, etc.).
In addition to a hourly pay rate in the $21 to $29 per hour range, the company offers a very competitive health care package, a 401k , and relocation assistance.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Mold setting and establishing injection molding process parameters
- Effective organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Advanced injection molding knowledge related to troubleshooting and resin behavior
- Advanced problem-solving skills focused on root cause analysis and lessons learned
- Working knowledge of basic injection molding Hydraulic and Electric presses and Vision Systems
A minimum of 3 – 5 years experience with injection mold machine processing, mold setting and secondary equipment operation
- ISO type quality systems a plus
- RJG Molding experience a plus