A custom injection molding company is seeking to hire a Production Manager to oversee plastic injection molding production operations. Responsibilities include the execution of production schedules through the efficient management of Mold Set-Up, Material Handling, and Injection Molding Processing. The Production Manager works collaboratively with multiple departmental and plant disciplines to execute production with emphasis on quality, delivery, and efficiency while maintaining a safe and organized work environment. The position also requires a systems approach with an emphasis on Lean and Six Sigma methodology to deliver value as defined by the customer
PRODUCTION MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing a staff of Team Leaders, Process Technicians, and Mold Setters.
- Maintaining a rigorous quality system, which includes, mold trials, validation activity, process audits and continuous improvement projects.
- Promoting a collaborative, efficient and safe working environment.
- Working with Human Resources to coordinate staffing, training, and disciplinary action.
- Coordinates Daily Machine Assignments.
- Performance Reviews/Level Recommendations for Direct Reports.
- Leading Housekeeping/Organization process implementation and support.
- Meeting machine utilization goals.
- Achieving Production Efficiency Metrics. Quality & Delivery Performance Metrics.
- Plant operations in the absence of the Plant Manager.
- Develop and execute departmental goals aimed at productivity and safety.
PRODUCTION MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising a Production Team and Quality Assurance Department preferred.
- BS or Associate degree in engineering or technical field, and/or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to create and drive change and effectively communicate.
- Someone very knowledgeable in troubleshooting injection molds and injection molding processes.
- Process capability, troubleshooting, SPC and robotics.
- Excellent external/internal customer and presentation skills.
- Strong multiple project management skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment characterized by high growth.
- Experienced in Six Sigma, 5S and Lean Manufacturing implementation.
- Microsoft Office application skills a plus.
In addition to an annual salary in the $110,000 to $120,000 range, the company offer, a bonus, very good benefits, and a generous relocation package.