A rapidly growing Plastic Injection Company is seeking a qualified individual to be the Injection Molding Process Technician. The Process Technician will be responsible for ensuring equipment and processes support the required throughput of scheduled production demands and capable of meeting established quality standards while maintaining a safe working environment.
PROCESS TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshooting equipment and processes to meet acceptable throughput and scrap rates during production.
- Operating and setting-up: injection molding machines, vision systems, down-stream equipment, and material feed equipment.
- Supporting the start-up of new equipment by developing process parameters.
- Developing Operator training plans and training Operators and Process Technicians.
- Monitoring critical process parameters on the injection machines and secondary systems.
- Developing and implement data-driven continuous improvement initiatives to enhance productivity and reduce scrap.
- Testing new materials and processes to meet validation requirements.
- Assisting in new product development, and tooling reviews.
- Implementing error-proofing methods to prevent the manufacture of defects.
- Assisting with in-house training programs for assembly personnel to learn new production parts and processes.
- Recommending new equipment and providing cost justifications.
- Technical contact for equipment vendors.
- Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset and continually working to identify opportunities to gain efficiency and improve quality in production.
- Managing tooling inventory.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 3 years of plastic injection molding technical experience.
- Strong Oral and Written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to perform basic math calculations such as metric conversions, decimals, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, treating others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position and following through on commitments.
- Adapting well to changes in the work environment; managing competing demand changes, frequent production changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility for own actions.
In addition to an annual salary in the $60,000 to $70,000 range, the company offers competitive benefits and relocation assistance.