An industry leader in the manufacturing and distribution of PVC and PU laminated and coated technical textiles is searching for an Laboratory Supervisor to; coordinate quality control efforts, contribute to product development efforts, and be part of the ISO team. The company’s goal is to expand its position as a leader in the industry by optimizing employees’ skills.
LABORATORY SUPERVISOR DUTIES:
- Develop and test coatings for mildew resistance and flame retardation qualities.
- Using a spectrophotometer, test for color matching to meet customer requirements.
- Interpret applicable standards (ANSI, ASTM, AATCC, etc.) and ensure testing performed is appropriate and meets requirements.
- Help maintain a cutting-edge, QLL-certified laboratory.
- Review work performed by other lab personnel and provide guidance as required.
- Perform mechanical and chemical testing.
- Conduct lab scale trials to support Business Development and daily Production.
- Support Production and Quality for incoming, in-process, and final inspections.
- Perform visual, chemical, and physical evaluation of raw and manufactured material for defects and deviation from specifications
- Provide documentation and reports for results for activities as required.
- Keep clear and comprehensive notes for testing and development performed.
- Participate as a team member and resource for on-going projects and support ISO based root cause analysis and documentation.
- Ensure safe work practices are followed and in places for all laboratory areas and activities
- Participate in Production, Engineering and Quality Focus Area Teams to assist in Continual Improvement activities.
- Assist in determination of work priorities, current status and development of routine lab schedule.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- A bachelor’s or associate’s degree in chemistry.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in organic / polymer chemistry and polymer engineering.
- Color matching experience.
- Experience operating in an ISO 9001-2015 quality management system or equivalent.
- Experience applying lab safety protocols.
- Advanced working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office (i.e.: Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to maintain accurate, legible, and complete documentation.
In addition to an annual salary in the $60,000 to $80,000 range, the company offers competitive benefits, 3 weeks of vacation, and a potential bonus, and relocation assistance.