A custom plastic injection molding is searching for a Hands-on Maintenance Supervisor to lead the plant maintenance department. The Maintenance Supervisorreports to the Plant Manager and must have the proven ability to meet and/or achieve the following requirements:
Maintenance Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Leading maintenance/tooling technicians and directs all related personnel actions including; ensuring that all work undertaken or supervised is carried out safely and without injuries.
- Initiating corrective action for non-conformances related to equipment and plant utilities
- Managing, optimizing and maintaining injection molding machines, downstream equipment and plant utilities to peak production levels to including defining effective inventory of spare parts
- Providing safety analysis of new & modified equipment/system
- Inputting new equipment into a Preventive Maintenance (PM) Program and leading and performing the preventive maintenance.
- Assisting in design/sourcing equipment and methods of manufacturing based on customer and plant need
- Developing and maintaining a Preventive Maintenance program for all production equipment, plant utilities and injection molding equipment
- Leading maintenance activities in a manner that achieves the plant’s goals
- Approving, sourcing and purchasing spare parts within the departments’ fiscal budget
- Optimizing manufacturing systems and plant infrastructure
- Advising and supporting the plant staff on mechanical, electrical, process and correcting customer issues
· Technical College Degree, Technical school graduate, or a High School Diploma with equivalent hands-on manufacturing management or supervisory experience
- Ability to lead and perform plastic injection molding equipment maintenance
- Planning and Organizing maintenance activities with an attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of PLC and integrated manufacturing systems
- Working knowledge of Electric/ Electronic/ Pneumatics/ Hydraulic/ Plant Utility System
- Microsoft office to include Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Five year’s minimum experience performing and leading plastic injection molding manufacturing maintenance
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years in a manufacturing maintenance or technical related position
- Working knowledge of a software based maintenance management systems
- Scientific Molding training would be a big plus.
In addition to an hourly rate in the $29 to $32 range, the company offers competitive benefits, and relocation assistance.