A custom plastic injection molding company, that has been in business for over 40 years, wants to hire an experienced Materials Manager. The Materials Manager administers materials management functions, such as; planning, procurement, storage, inventory control, and distribution of plastic materials and products to meet company objectives and customer requirements.
MATERIALS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the flow of raw and packaging plastic materials, finished and unfinished goods, parts, and assemblies within or between plant departments, suppliers and customers to meet production and shipping schedules.
- Maintaining the inventory control system to assure it is timely and accurate.
- Developing policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate flow of materials within the plant and to ensure physical inventory variance meets corporate objectives.
- Assessing material availability/need and coordinating requisition of materials with other departments and establishes delivery times according to customer due dates and production priorities.
- Arranging for in-plant transfer of materials to meet production schedules.
- Arranging transportation for purchased materials, work in progress, and finished goods using company box truck, LTL, FedEx and UPS
- Examining material delivered to the production departments to verify it meets
- Investigating and solving problems resulting from out of stocks, material shortages and delays.
- Keeping abreast of new sources for supplies and materials.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates degree or minimum 2 years college equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of materials management experience required
- Strong experience working with ERP systems.
In addition to an annual salary in the $60,000 to $70,000 range, the company offers competitive healthcare benefits and a 401(k) with matching.