A company that manufactures plastic caps, closures, bottles and other containers and assembles them in a clean-room for the medical industry applications wants to hire a Molding and Assembly Manager. The Molding and Assembly Manager is responsible for approximately 40 associates across four shifts. The clean-room molding and assembly operations are highly automated and require a manager that has a working knowledge of plastic molding, robotic assembly and packaging in a clean-room environment.
MOLDING AND ASSEMBLY MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the expert on the automated robotic assembly and packaging equipment.
- Lead staff to optimize performance and meet on time product delivery schedules.
- Track and log maintenance and calibration schedules for molding, assembly and packaging equipment.
- Ensure required spare parts are available.
- Ensure daily equipment preventive maintenance and cleaning are performed and documented.
- Manage and train clean-room employees on company policies/clean room specific procedures, such as, Quality Management Systems (QMS) and Safety.
MOLDING AND ASSEMBLY MANAGER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Plastic Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in clean-room manufacturing, medical device or plastic molding operations.
- Experience in Medical device validation.
- Good technical knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment, robotics, and HVAC systems.
- Computer user skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams), and ability to learn other computer software / systems.
- Strong leadership and relation building skills.
- Effective communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
In addition to an annual salary in the $75,000 to $90,000 range, the company offers competitive healthcare benefits, and relocation assistance.