A custom plastic molding company is looking to hire Extrusion Blow Molding Technicians to work in a clean room environment manufacturing a new line of medical devices. The Extrusion Blow Molding Technicians will operate multi-cavity Extrusion Blow Molding machines and auxiliary equipment. The right candidate will have experience in clean room environments, medical focused molding processes, and advanced manufacturing technologies. This is a Full-Time, 12 hour day or night shift position with paid overtime.
Molding Technician Responsibilities
- Perform and maintain safe and efficient tool and machine set-up, operation, and process capabilities to meet customer on-time delivery and quality expectations.
- Perform extrusion blow molding startups including completion of all required quality management system documentation.
- Troubleshoot quality/part issues by confirming plastic conditions and performing root cause analysis to determine true root causes.
- Verify process parameters prior to start up and assure process is running to validated parameters.
- Identify machine problems and communicate to maintenance as required.
- Follow all required Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practice (GDP) procedures.
- Work flexible shifts and overtime as needed and maintain reliable attendance.
- Perform required maintenance and cleaning per Clean Room procedures.
- Maintain the integrity of the clean room requirements in all job duties.
- Keep machinery, work area and floors neat and orderly.
- Wear company issued required personal protective equipment (PPE) for an ISO-8 Class clean room environment.
Molding Technician Education/Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer user skills – proficient in basic computer use – able to quickly learn and efficiently use new systems.
- Basic math skills – add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Working knowledge of molds, molding machinery, and vision systems.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience operating extrusion blow molding presses.
- Reliable and dependable attendance.
- Flexibility with work schedule and willingness to work overtime when needed.
In addition to an hourly rate in the $24 to $26 range, the company offers competitive healthcare benefits, a 401(k) with matching, a $2,000 sign on bonus and relocation assistance.