A plastic food closure manufacturer wants to add a full-time position for a Sales Manager, Food Closures. The position will report to the Category Director, Food Closures. This position will be the market/customer face and will be responsible for further strengthening relationships with key existing company food manufacturing customers in; operational, engineering and procurement functions. As a part of the company Food Commercial team, this role will help to understand the needs of, and opportunities within, these customers to help drive profitable growth. The National Sales Manager can work from a home office as long as the individual has access to an airport.
- Analyze the North America closure market with particular focus on segments adjacent to markets currently served by the company and markets where the company can leverage company owned technology.
- Based on results of market analysis assists with developing a 3 year business plan for the food closures division.
- Manage sales pipeline with potential customers and industry participants (e.g. converters) to build food businesses in North America
- Coordinate all activities including technical, engineering and commercial required to implement the business plan.
- Increase the company’s North America presence in the food market place through advertising, trade shows, associations, etc. where appropriate.
- Effectively negotiate supply agreements and pricing proposals.
- Manage start-ups of commercial product qualifications or modifications.
- Support customer technical issues related to capping and capper conversions as well as ensuring technical service levels meet customer market expectations.
- Maintain close contact with customers and OEM’s relating to bottling line equipment (capping) line, speeds, etc. Understanding bottling process issues in relation to closure design and supply.
- Liaise with customer service department to ensure superior service levels are in place to meet our customer demand.
- Post-secondary degree
- Ability to travel extensively (locally, nationally and internationally) – up to 50% of time
- Background in Engineering preferred
- A minimum of five to years of experience in technical packaging sales
- Background in injection blow molding and/or extrusion blow molding
- Business knowledge
- Technical sales/customer knowledge
- Performance Driven
- Negotiation skills
- Market analysis
- Superior analytical and financial skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong computer skills
In addition to an annual salary in the $100,000 to $120,000 range, the company offers competitive healthcare benefits, and a 401(k).