A leader in providing highly engineered injection molded products to OEM’s throughout North America and beyond within the industrial, medical, consumer and automotive markets is searching for an Outside Sales Representative. This is an opportunity for an ambitious sales professional (hunter) that will be responsible for closing new business opportunities with prospective clients that meet the target prospect profile. Ideal candidates must have a demonstrated track record of sales success in a custom manufacturing field.
Primary Outside Sales Representative responsibilities include the following:
- Closing new business opportunities with new clients that meet our target prospect profile
- Identify and develop relationships with key decision makers
- Proactively call on prospective customers to promote the company’s injection molding and engineering capabilities
- Professionally represent the company using strong relationship building and strategic selling skills
- Demonstrating the company’s capabilities using samples and emphasizes saleable value-added features
- Preparing sales call reports and submit to the Director of Sales and CEO
- Preparing and presenting PowerPoint sales presentations to engineers, purchasing managers, and other key decision makers
- Maintaining accurate expense accounts
- Attending sales meetings and training seminars as required
- Working with customer service, estimating, marketing, and engineering personnel
- Investigating and resolves customer problems and issues
- Staying current with professional and technical knowledge and industry trends
Outside Sales Representative Candidate Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years of outside technical sales experience is required.
- Experience selling injection molding manufacturing services would be a real plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant education and technical sales experience.
- Experience selling to, and working with, engineering teams is required; preferably those that develop tight tolerance, complex components.
- Possess a proven track record of achieving sales results.
- Excellent listening skills and strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to prospects, customers, and employees of the organization; must be able to speak to technical audiences.
- Must be a creative problem-solver to identify and sell to customer needs.
- Outstanding negotiation skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be competitive, confident, and assertive with a strong work ethic.
- Effective sales, and project management skills required.
- Proficient in in Microsoft Office, and CRM (Salesforce.com).
- Able to travel approximately 50% of the time domestically.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a personal vehicle or have other means of reliable transportation to travel to and from; sales calls, airports, meetings, events, and travel to the company’s headquarters.
The company offers a salary in the $100,000 to $130,000 range in addition to a; comprehensive benefit plan that includes health, dental, vision, disability, life, and voluntary life insurance, as well, as section 124 flexible spending plans, and a 401(k) plan.