A company that supplies flexible packaging for fresh produce, frozen foods, and lawn and garden products wants to hire a Plant Manager. The Plant Manager will lead a diverse flexographic printing, lamination, and converting operation. The Plant Manager is responsible for oversight, direction, and facilitation of all aspects of safety, customer quality, production operations, and personnel activities to achieve overall corporate business objectives.
PLANT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish clear safety expectations for entire production team to encourage a proactive safety culture
- Work with customers to understand and fulfill or exceed customer product requirements.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to continually improve quality and eliminate customer complaints
- Support the sales team through technical expertise, timely order delivery, and inquiry response
- Establish departmental production standards that align with company performance expectations
- Implementation of cost-saving continuous improvement initiatives to reduce waste
- Improve production efficiencies through time studies, Kaizen initiatives, Six Sigma, etc.
- Collaboration with finance team to establish plant budgets, and manage costs and production activity to meet or exceed the budget
- Perform Job variance analysis using ERP system reporting and income statement summary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or experience
- A minimum of 5 years of manufacturing leadership with progressive responsibility
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, and ERP systems experience
- Familiarity with plastic flexographic printing and plastic film
- Excellent reporting and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop high-performance, collaborative teams
In addition to an annual salary in the $88,000 to 130,000 range, the company offers contribution into HSA account, dental and vision healthcare and a 401(k).