A growing company specializing in the compounding of nylon and polyester resin is searching for a Process Engineer.
The Process Engineer be responsible for:
- Being the Technical Lead for new product development in manufacturing
- Improving plastic compounding and the extrusion operation
- Supporting the twin screw extrusion machine and compounding equipment to increase the resin compounding capacity of the facility
- Supporting manufacturing with Quality objectives, such as, productivity improvements and waste reduction
- Providing technical support to the sales force on product and processing related questions
- Active in the IQMS system including development of ISO documents, implementation and compliance
- Proving technical support to the operations team on equipment maintenance and installation projects.
- Providing direct technical support at customer trials
- Providing input on new equipment purchases and installation
- Providing technical support in complaint handling and remediation
- Supporting manufacturing training of new employees
- Providing technical support on Environmental Compliance Reporting
- Must have hands-on plastic extrusion experience
- Must have nylon and polyester hands-on compounding experience
- Must have the ability to train others on plastic twin screw extruder operation and compounding
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Must have very good verbal and written skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills
The company offers an annual salary in the $65,000 to $80,000 range in addition to fully paid for healthcare benefits and relocation assistance.