A captive plastic profile extrusion company has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Manager to manage all manufacturing related functions, including; production, scheduling, shipping, inventory control, purchasing, and quality control. Direct reports include, Production Supervisors, a Shipping Supervisor, and an Inventory Control/Production Scheduler.
Manufacturing Manager Responsibilities:
- Leading Supervisors to coordinate daily activities of the Production and Shipping Departments totaling approx. 15-20 employees.
- Determining proper staffing by working with the Human Resource Dept. to achieve appropriate levels and addressing other personnel related issues.
- Interfacing with Customer Service regularly on shipping schedules and other issues impacting customer
Inventory Management Responsibilities:
- Maintain Kanban inventory system and interface with Purchasing to ensure orders are placed for ongoing needs and for large customer orders.
- Negotiate directly as needed with vendors and carriers for cost reduction and to address quality issues.
- Monitor finished goods and raw material inventories for accuracy and appropriate stocking levels.
- Determine root cause of inventory variances and make needed corrective actions.
- Ensure accurate raw material and bill of material files in ERP system.
- Interface with the Maintenance Department for equipment repair and preventative maintenance of all equipment.
- Working closely with Production Department and Engineering/Tool Room on tooling issues, process improvement projects, and new product tooling/set-ups.
- Coordinating trial run of new tools.
- Monitoring quality, scrap, on-time shipments, and other metrics and take corrective action as needed.
- Implement and/or maintain 5S and Lean manufacturing practices.
- Improving and maintaining product quality as per specifications while minimizing cost
- Reviewing products with sub-standard profitability and implement changes in process to correct.
- Conduct performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred but, not required
- Minimum of 5 years of production management experience preferably, in plastic profile extrusion.
- Thorough understanding of plastic product manufacturing, ERP, and Lean principles.
In addition to an annual salary in the $80,000 to $95,000 range and an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, vacation, paid holidays, life insurance, currently a 40% match up to 5% on 401(k) plan.