A manufacturer of plastic blow molded and extruded film is searching for a Production Supervisor to lead the company’s plastic extrusion operation on a 12-hour shift, Friday thru Monday. The Production Supervisor oversees and directs the production personnel to achieve optimal production and safety. The position will require previous experience leading others and excellent communication skills. In this role. The Production Supervisor must be well organized and take ownership of his/her crew with little supervision. Reports directly to Plant Manager
- Assign work duties for each employee
- Ensure schedule is being followed on each line
- Monitor the floor and ensure everyone is working safely and is on task
- Complete/enter work orders into the system for record keeping
- Complete daily toolbox talks with employees to keep open lines of communication
- Communicates goals for production and safety to employees daily
- Assists/assigns training for all employees at the floor level
- Records safety and disciplinary actions
- Evaluates employee’s performance and communicates this with management/employees
- Completes/enters daily reports
In addition to an annual salary in the $75,000 to $80,000 range, the company offers competitive benefits, potential bonus of 10%, and relocation assistance.
- Promotes teamwork and safety to create a positive and inclusive work environment
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
High school diploma/GED with proficiency in math and reading.
- A minimum of 2 years working in a manufacturing environment (preferably thermoplastics industry)
- Technically inclined with interest to learn new skills in manufacturing environment.
- Equipment maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience leading a team
- Good communicator with ability to articulate problems and solutions verbally.
- General computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook and Excel.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Good communication skills