A state-of-the-art custom injection molding company, producing high quality injection molded products, wants to hire a Plastic Injection Molding Engineer. The Plastic Injection Molding Engineer is a “hands-on” technical position that plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing equipment and injection molding processes. The Plastic Injection Molding Engineer is also responsible for overseeing customer mold design, mold procurement, mold de-bugging and managing a small in-house tool shop and staff.
PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDING ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing new injection molding processes and documenting new and existing processes.
- Implementing and evaluating changes to existing injection molding processes and tooling to; improve product quality, productivity, and overall equipment efficiency.
- Leading the injection molding tooling design efforts.
- Managing new customer injection molding tooling projects and overseeing customer-owned tool inventory.
- Monitoring and tracking plastic molding tooling conditions.
- Developing recommendations for tooling modifications and repairs.
- Preparing quotes for new tooling and refurbishment projects.
- Providing technical leadership and mentorship to tool shop personnel.
- Providing technical support/solutions to manufacturing processes, improve yield, drive cost reduction activities, and improve on part quality.
- Working with contractors to resolve tooling issues.
- Interacting with customers to resolve issues and provide new project updates.
- Generating customer tooling and part quotes.
- Implementing technical solutions including statistical methodology to meet customer cost, quality and deliver expectations.
- Facilitating and supporting facility and manufacturing safety, environmental, and ergonomics efforts.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering is preferred and/or comparable work experience in a Plastic Injection Molding Operation.
- A minimum of 3 years of plastic injection molding processing and tool design experience.
- Strong knowledge of tool validation and development.
- Self-starter must be able to work with little direction and with a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within project deadlines.
- Demonstrated superior communication (written and verbal), teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills; Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
In addition to an annual salary in the $80,000 to $90,000 range, the company offers a potential bonus, competitive healthcare benefits and relocation assistance.