A plastic injection molding manufacturer of custom injection molded consumer plastic products is searching for a Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for leading the customer plastic product design, development and manufacturing efforts.
Project Manager Responsibilities
- Managing three engineers; designing plastic products, developing the mold tooling, debugging the tooling.
- Working with the manufacturing department to place the tooling into production and assuring customer product specifications are met.
- Working with the customer product customers to develop product costs in conjunction with the Sales Department.
- Developing production schedules with the product customers.
- Tracking product manufacturing implementation schedules to assure they are being met.
- Working with internal and external mold builders to assure customer approved injection molded design requirements are being met.
- Hiring and training engineers, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
Project Manager Education and Skills Requirements
- A four-year technical degree is preferred but, equivalent experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing engineering projects in a plastic injection molding company.
- A minimum of 3 years of Project Management experience.
- Experience communicating (verbally and written) directly with product customers, as well as, internal customers, i.e., manufacturing.
In addition to an annual salary in the $75,000 to $85,000 range the company offers competitive Healthcare benefits.