A company manufacturing consumer plastic packaging products is searching for a Plastic Mold Maintenance Technician to polish, maintain and repair plastic molds.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities Include:
- Performing mold repair work on cavities and cores due to damage or wear.
- Noting any changes to molds, inserts, parts, etc.
- Documenting work and keep accurate records.Dissembling and assembling molds, analyzing and solving basic mold problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting, cooling problems, etc.
- Assembling, repairing, inspecting, cleaning and polishing molds using skill and care while handling and polishing critical surfaces.Laying out, fabricating and assembling metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specification.
- Using a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments. Sets up and operates lathes, milling machines, electrical discharge machines, surface and cylindrical grinders.
- Interpreting drawings, evaluating machining methods on assignments and occasionally instructing other toolmakers and apprentices in the operation and setup of tool room equipment.
- Computing dimensions; determining machining and material or parts required. Perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions. Solving problems relating to unusual material, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production processes.
In addition to a hourly salary in the $24 to $30 range, the company offers; standard medical, dental and vision first of the month following 30 days of employment. tuition reimbursement, PTO, 401k, profit sharing, a employee stock option purchase program, Profit Sharing after 1 year of continued employment, and relocation assistance.
•Minimum of 3 years experience in the injection molding industry.
•Prior background in plastic injection mold maintenance, repair and troubleshooting.
•CNC experience would be a real plus.