· Initiating and driving micro plastic mold tooling design, purchases, tooling repair process, spare part orders, as well as, placing purchase orders and tracking delivery of all purchases related to tooling projects.
· Communicating with key company team members, internal departments and approved vendors in order to develop project schedules and budgets.
· Gathering and documenting plastic mold requirements and functional specifications and analyzing plastic mold tooling vendor workload to determine capacity and capability.
· Tracking all plastic mold tooling projects to determine priorities, manage resources and assure on-time delivery.
· Coordinating between internal customers, external vendors, and supply chain to establish project priority, schedule, status, and inventory information.
· Coordinating tooling transfers between internal customers and external vendors.
· Providing weekly status reports of progress in all areas of tooling, qualification scheduling, tool transfers, and tool repair status.
- A minimum of 5 years of plastic injection molding experience.
- At least 3 years of plastic injection micro/small mold tooling design, build and repair experience.
- A four year technical degree is preferred but someone with equivalent experience designing and building micro/small molds would be considered.