A company specializing in providing complex injection-molded thermoplastic products for the medical and automotive markets wants to hire a Plastic Mold Tooling Technician to; disassemble, clean, repair, and reassemble complex, multi-cavity tooling, using hand tools, milling machines, grinders, lathes and EDM equipment.
- Clean and perform scheduled inspection/PM on molds as required.
- Must be able to use, engineering drawings and verbal instructions, with the ability to determine accurate and efficient methods for repairing molds.
- Selects appropriate metals and materials. Layout work using precision instruments, shop mathematics and pertinent formulas.
- Checks own work by making complex set-ups, interprets various gages and measuring devices such as micrometer, caliper, gage blocks, Vernier, dual indicators, working within extremely close tolerances.
- Troubleshooting of molds running on the production floor as required.
- Ensure that their work area is kept clean and in order.
- High school or GED diploma
- Mold-making apprenticeship, 4 years minimum
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends
In additional to an hourly pay rate of $24 to $28, the company offers competitive healthcare benefits, a 401(k) and relocation assistance.