The Plastic Buyer is responsible for purchasing plastic scrap (PP&HDPE), and regrind to ensure that all aspects of the sourcing process meet quality, surety of supply, and cost to meet corporate procurement requirements. May be able to work remotely.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Procure inventory: plastics for recycling and plastic regrind for production processes.
- Participate in cross functional teams to develop strategies to source assigned commodity-based items at the lowest total cost of ownership;
- Participate in planning group with production scheduling, implementation, inventory, and updating of item information in ERP system;
- Monitor items received, issued and returned to ensure accuracy of inventory;
- Provide regular updates and reports to the sourcing and management staff on cost improvements and new technologies or services;
- Follow up regularly with suppliers to ensure part availability, expediting as required;
- Analyze MRP and other data and propose/implement process improvements that reduce waste of all kinds.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (or related field) and/or six plus years of direct work experience without formal education.
- Position typically expects a minimum of three years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of position.
- Technical purchasing and sourcing skills.
- Relies on clearly defined instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Demonstrate flexibility when confronted with change.
- Self-motivated and self-managing individual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to calculate and analyze financial data such as ROI, make vs. buy, and other commercial requirements.
- Microsoft Office Suite and other PC skills;
- MRP/ERP system expertise.
In addition to annual salary in the $90,000 to $120,000 range, the company offers competitive healthcare benefits, a 401(k), profit sharing of 3% of corporate profits and relocation assistance, if needed, because the buyer may be able to work remotely.