An expanding plastic profile extrusion manufacturing company wants to hire several Process Technicians in addition to Operators. The Profile Extrusion Process Technicians will manage the development, efficiency and documentation of profile extrusion processes while meeting continuous improvement objectives
ESSENTIAL PROFILE EXTRUSION PROCESS TECHNICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selecting machine dies.
- Determining setup procedures.
- Extruding plastic into shapes and diameters.
- Setting-up secondary equipment to product specifications.
- Specifying lengths and weights of structures.
- Replacing worn dies.
- Setting controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, sizing rings, and temperature.
- Synchronizing the speed of profile extrusion.
- Reading and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Locating defects on extruded products.
- Checking for conformance to specifications.
- Adjusting controls as necessary.
- Installing, connecting, testing, and adjusting equipment.
- Cleaning tools.
- Removing excess, entangled, or completed material from machines.
- Ability to operate machines that extrude plastic structures.
- Starting metering pumps.
- Activating and adjust extruding machines.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years experience in plastic profile extrusion or extrusion molding
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts
- Technically sound and hands-on in troubleshooting extrusion molding process issues
- Mold set-up experience with a preventive maintenance background
- Ability to use sound judgment and to prioritize workload
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and results-oriented
- Time management skills
- Basic knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Practices – desired
- Basic Microsoft suite computer skills
In addition to an hourly pay rate in the $25 to $31 range, the company offers; overtime pay, competitive health care benefits, a 401(k) with matching, relocation assistance and more…….