A global leader linking the virtual world of simulation software with the real world of the plastic injection molding industry for over 20 years, wants to hire a Project Engineer. The Project Engineer will be conducting and managing projects related to engineering services, software sales demonstrations, support the company’s training academy. The successful candidate will report directly to Vice President of Operations.
Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Communicate, facilitate and present technical materials to customers, internal meetings, workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Assist with support calls from existing customers.
- Support team members in technical and sales objectives.
- Using the company’s proprietary virtual molding software, establish injection molding analyses on a as needed basis to provide mold design insight and solutions.
- Assist training programs after a reasonable acclamation period.
- Evaluate lab measured data to understand thermo-physical behavior of polymers.
- Create polymer material files for project setup.
- Identify key elements within the material and part nature to consider when adjusting the process parameters.
- Evaluate analysis results to highlight the material and mold behavior during processing.
- Determine root cause for potential molding defect on plastic parts.
- Suggest customer part design and mold design changes to avoid potential defects.
Project Engineer Education/Qualification Requirements:
- Two years of Project Engineering experience preferably in the plastic injection molding industry.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline or several years of experience working with virtual plastic molding software.
- Excellent written a verbal communication skills.
In addition to an annual salary in the $70,000 range plus commissions, the company offers very competitive Healthcare benefits, employer funded HSA account, 401(k) retirement plan with employer contributions, and tuition and fitness reimbursements.