A custom injection molding company specializing in medical plastic components is searching for a Senior Metrologist. The Senior Metrologist is responsible for:
- Performing reverse engineering.
- Developing reliable and repeatable measuring setups used on any programmable measuring system or in open setup.
- Programming state of the art measuring equipment like Optical or Coordinate Measuring systems, and understanding corresponding output.
- Developing data acquisition macros and or linked spreadsheets to be used in report spreadsheets, i.e.; Microsoft Excel.
- Performing First Piece Inspections, capability studies, Measuring System Analysis, and any other engineering / metrology related activities.
- Support the engineering and tool divisions metrology needs, i.e; performing reverse engineering activities using suitable methods including laser scanning and CAD software, handling complex metrology problems, as well as developing measuring methods and / or fixtures.
- Solve complex Metrology problems to obtain measurements with either programmable measuring systems, or open setup measuring methods
- Correctly interpreting different data/ print schemes, i.e.; GD&T
- Develop and effectively document reliable and repeatable measuring setups, to be used on any programmable measuring system or in open setup.
- Program sophisticated measuring equipment, i.e; CMM, RAM, Smart Scope using a CAD models or engineering drawings.
- Assist engineering and tool divisions by programming part simulations using complex alignment schemes.
- Perform first piece inspections, capability studies, and DOE (Design of Experiments) using measuring and test equipment with include, but not limited to:
- Programmable CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) and video equipment
- Profilometers or surface finish testers Gear and roundness checkers
- Hand held measuring tolls such as height gauges, micrometers, calipers, and pin gauges
- Precision flat plates
- Conduct Measuring System Error (MSE) analysis, i.e.; GRR studies, to validate measuring setups and or measuring systems
- Generate MSE, 1st Piece Inspection, Statistical Process Control (SPC) studies, DOE, and other metrology related reports using Microsoft Excel and other database software packages
- Thoroughly understand MSE, First Piece Inspection, SPC, DOE theory
- Ability to interpret Measuring Software calculations
- Adhere to and comply with the Metrology Lab procedures
- Ability to program Video and CMM equipment
- Strong skills in all aspects of mechanical dimensional inspection.
- Complete knowledge of blue print reading, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Strong skills in Microsoft office, i.e.; excel, word, access, etc.
- In depth understanding of relevant subjects like MSE, SPC. DOE theory, Measuring software interpretation, Program validation systems, etc.
- Experience in designing gages and fixtures
- Attention to detail – a must
- Bachelors Degree in math, science, or the equivalent in education and work experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
In addition to an annual salary in the $80,000 to $90,000 range the company offers competitive benefits and relocation assistance.